Between now and early November 2008, we will be releasing a steady stream of posts, articles, and videos from members of the LDS Church in support of gays and gay marriage, and in opposition to California’s Proposition 8.
The 3 purposes of this site are:
- To let the world know that not all Mormons (LDS Church Members) oppose gay marriage.
- To share our perspectives on both homosexuality and gay marriage with other Mormons who are meaningfully exploring the issues for the first time — and who are trying to make up their minds on how to think/feel/vote on the issue (if in California).
- Just as progressive LDS Church members in the 1960s and 1970s had an opportunity to speak out on the denial of priesthood to blacks — this is our chance, in our day, to express our thoughts and feelings (respectfully) in support of gays within the LDS Church, and of gay marriage within the U.S. (and abroad).
The requirements for participation in this project are:
- All communications must arise from a place of love and understanding.
- No criticism of the church or its leadership will be tolerated.
- The bulk of participation on the site needs to be from current, active members of the LDS Church.
We look forward to working with you all.